“All our best men are laughed at in this nightmare land.”
– Jack Kerouac

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Call Back

Went to modeling agency the other day to have a meeting. Hadn't even thought of pursuing it for a long time. Somebody from a good agency contacted me from something I had put up on a cheesy website that I had done way before and totally forgotten about. Screw it I should try to make some money, I thought. Maybe I can get out of this waiting crap.

I sat at the agency for awhile in the lobby area looking at the flatscreen TV. Noticing some models walking out of there. Everybody acts fake and friendly. What am I doing here? Money I guess.
"We were expecting you at 3", the girl who had walked me back said sitting me down in a private room and then giving me a sheet to fill out.
"Yeah sorry", I said. I went to the wrong place first.
A petite guy came in and asked me if I had a portfolio.
And the guy said that I was too old sort of. Because I didn't have a portfolio of pictures, because having that would be ridiculous!! I asked him if he could just send me out or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment